Total Time: 15 min, Prep-8 min & Cook-7min.
Level of Cooking: Easy, Taste: Mild, Serve: 2
Vegetable Poha / Upma
- Keep Stomach Lite & full for a longer time.
- Its easy to digest & Completely Gluten free.
- It is good source of instant energy.
- This Recipe is Friendly for PCOD & Thyroid patients.
Nutritional Profile of Recipe :
- Poha (Flattened Rice / Beaten rice) : Beaten rice does not contain much protein; Since Poha /Rice Flakes are gluten free, it can be consumed by those allergic to wheat products.
- You get iron, vitamin B, carbohydrates and proteins from this mix.
- You get carbs from poha and vegetables, a little bit of protein from peas and plenty of minerals and vitamins
- 1 Cup of Poha (Flattened Rice / Beaten Rice)
- ¼ cup of Roasted Peanuts (optional)
- ½ tsp. of Mustard Seeds.
- ½ tsp. of Cumin (optional).
- 1 pc. Whole Dry Red Chilly (prefer seedless & avoid if you are suffering with piles )
- 3-4 curry leaves (It will improve digestion)
- A handful of green pea (if available)
- 1 chopped Tomato ( including an impressive amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K, as well as significant amounts of vitamin B6, folate, and thiamin)
- 1 Chopped Onion (optional) / prefer green onion if you are weight watcher.
- 1-2 Green Chilly (avoid if your mind is unstable)
- ½ tsp. of Turmeric (anti-cancerous & antioxidant)
- 1 Grated Carrot ( improves eyesight & good for heart)
- ¼ cup chopped Capsicum (rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C)
- Also Can use / add any Vegetable of your Choice
- Add Salt to taste (prefer Pink Himalayan Salt / Rock Salt)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Coriander leaves.
- 1 Lemon & Sauces
- Oil For Cooking:- Cow’s ghee / Olive oil / Mustard oil / Coconut oil / Sesame oil /
- Some other optional ingredients (If you are not a calorie conscious):
- 8-10 pcs. Cashew nuts, 1 teaspoon split Bengal gram lentil / Chana dal,
1 tsp. Urad Dal / Split white lentil & 1 Potato,
Method / Directions :-
- Pour some water over flattened rice, slightly rinse & keep it on the strainer, add mild turmeric powder and salt, mix it well. Keep it aside.
- To make a poha, Heat a pan or a kadaahi and add a handful of peanuts and roast it on low flame,
- Dry roast them on medium flame, once peanuts are roasted, remove them to a plate and keep aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil (as recommended), to the pan and once the oil is heated add ½ tsp. of Mustard seeds in it. When mustard seeds start Crackling, add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chili and curry leaves. Fry it for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and cook for another 1-2 minutes till onions are translucent in the color.
- Add veggies, green chilly and cashew nuts in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add washed / drained rice and mix it well with the veggies. Cook it on medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Check salt, if need add more. Cover a lid for 2 min if needed, not compulsory.
- Toss well, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Delicious Mixed vegetable Poha is ready to serve, squeeze a lemon after all. Serve hot.
- Chew well to enjoy more..
Its a Yoginitya Presentation
All Rights Reserved.
Give us your suggestions to improve this recipe at email@example.com
You’ll Also Love
To Know more